Saturday, June 28, 2014

More Intermission and a lot of excuses

Sorry about this.  My quietness has nothing to do with World Cup obsession... Sure. Um...


I also really want to claim being back to school has caused this drop in reading, but it isn't true.  I've been reading.  Just not Castle of Wolfenbach.

I'm still reading all sorts of fun pulp.  I just have no ability to finish books I'm not fond of and I'm not fond of Matilda and her friends.  Hey!  I have an idea!
Oh.  Mark Gatiss thought of it first.  Oh well.

Instead I got the new re-release of Modesty Blaise from Titan Books and have been reading that.  More modern classic pulp and very worth it. She's been an obsession of mine since I started reading them in the 80s in the Detroit Free Press, the only place in the United States where they were printed.  I only got to read them when I went to visit my grandparents, so it is wonderful to actually read the full stories.  If you haven't read them, do so. NOW.

School did start again, so I have been nose deep in International Accounting.  And last night Andy and I went to see Neil Gaiman at Carnegie Hall.  It was amazing.

And there is the World Cup...



So that is all my excuses for giving up on Castle of Wolfenbach.  I'll choose something else this week and let you know.

2 comments:

  1. The Word Cup has kind of lost its appeal for me after England got knocked out.

    Who do you want to win? In an ideal world I'd like Greece or the US to win :) But in *this world* - either France or Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see why it did. Such a strange World Cup this time around. England and Spain! Who saw that coming? I'm immune to World Cup losing appeal because the US got knocked out, largely because we've generally been shit, so might as well enjoy watching the games. Haha.

    Ideal world-- US. After all, it is where I'm from. :)

    Real world-- US. It probably won't happen, but hey. Ecuador (where a bunch of my family is from) got knocked out in group play, so I'll probably root for Argentina or Mexico.

    ReplyDelete