Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Next Read!--Starting May 9th!

The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katherine Green.

I'd have more to say on this book but most of the stuff I can find on it is more about how Anna Katherine Green is the mother of mysteries and how she started this series with Detective Ebenezer Gryce 9 years before Sherlock Holmes. Another unsung woman author. Etc.

Not that I'm against lamenting the unfairness of unsung authors, but... Tell me about the book! So here is the synopsis that I know about.


Big millionaire Horatio Leavenworth is murdered in his library. The case is attended by Ebenezer Gryce with the help of a junior law partner. There are family members with motives, including daughters--one of whom said junior law partner falls in love with (of course!)

And that is what I know. Not much for a back of book blurb, is it? So I'll have to write a better one at the end. Remind me, please.

Anyway, here is where you find it.
Amazon--Free!
Barnes and Noble--Free!
Project Gutenberg--Free!
GirleBooks--Free!

So on May 9th I start reading and we'll find out how Gryce stacks up to Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment