Monday, May 5, 2014

"the retrospect of all the dangers and misfortunes they had each encountered"

That sad feeling when you've finished the book.


I spent all day reading, to the point where all I've had to eat is an ENTIRE BOX of girl scout cookies and some popcorn. I know who lives, who dies, who gets married, and who is whose child. I know that the heroine fainted 14 times throughout the novel (and that half). I know what is behind the black veil. I enjoyed this book so so much.


Sorry, Pooh, we can't. We have more books to read.

And I'll leave you with the last line of the book, because it is awesome.
"And, if the weak hand, that has recorded this tale, has, by its scenes, beguiled the mourner of one hour of sorrow, or, by its moral, taught him to sustain it--the effort, however humble, has not been in vain, nor is the writer unrewarded."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment