Monday, April 14, 2014

Requiem for The Literary Gothic

All right, I admit, it is a bit early for a requiem considering the website is still around, but it will not be around for long and posting this after it goes down means that you, Dear Reader, would not have time to go there and look about it some.

It is now a sad ruin of a website. Walls that are crumbling and links that lead to nowhere. And yet, so many authors and novels to explore!


Okay. It is a tad academic for me, and I have no intentions of keeping my list of horrid books confined to one ancient genre. (I'd get bored of bats in belfries, skeletons, and heroines who faint dead away or catch fevers from being out in a bit of rain, wouldn't you?) Still, gothic and other popular page turners of centuries past that I could never get my hands on until now, were what inspired this site and I have to love anything that promoted those sorts of books.

So go look.

No comments:

Post a Comment