Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Aunt! Montoni! Count Morano! Ugh!

It has been a few days since I wrote last and I have done so much reading since then.

Sainted St. Aubert finally died after doing a lot of obnoxious death bed lecturing to Emily. We finally meet the Aunt and Ohmygod is she horrible! I was really glad to see her get a comeuppance when Valencourt shows up at that party.

Montoni is a complete rat bastard. I am at the part where they are leaving Venice to see M. Quesnel and wife (the other horrible aunt and uncle) and they talk in the boat. I got so angry I wanted to throw things!


I would be far more feverishly angry at the treatment of Emily if I liked her just a little more. She keeps writing that God-Awful Poetry and falling into tears every page until I am provoked beyond measure.


I feel I might start taking up with the Aunt as to censuring the constant depression of the girl. The Aunt might be evil, but she's not wholly wrong.

Also Fainting fit count is now at 5.5. Why the .5? Because one is supposedly technically not fainting. She "sunk almost lifeless on his bosom," which does say faint to me, but then it says she sighed "now and then [that] proved she had not fainted." Yeah. Sure. She still needs carried by Valencourt and eventually she "recovered her consciousness." Sounds like fainting to me, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment